FIRE crews are helping clean up a chemical spill at the South Metropolitan TAFE campus in Murdoch with eight crews on site.
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services said the incident was first reported to them as a fire, but has since been confirmed as an ethanol spill.
Ethanol evaporates quickly and is highly flammable, so the building was being ventilated and was evacuated.
A TAFE spokeswoman confirmed an incident had occurred on its campus but had no further comment.
The incident was reported to the Department of Fire and Emergency Services at 8.17am.