CLAN WA received $7800 to continue its work providing local families with parenting services, facilitating more parenting workshops.
CLAN spokeswoman Maxine Boyd said the organisation had been providing families in the Melville area with positive parenting services for more than 20 years.
Workshops including How to Talk so Kids will Listen; Adolescence and Boys; Managing Sibling Rivalry; and Youth Mental Health First Aid will be offered at no or low cost.
Other recipients include:
– Anglican Parish of Melville for their children’s music program.
– The (Chinese) Cultural Club Project for their Mooncake Festival.
– Friends of Wireless Hill Project for their removal of weeds at Wireless Hill Bushlands.
– Rossmoyne Senior High School P & C Project for their bush tucker garden for the community.
– Piney Lakes Community Garden Project for their Community Garden at Piney Lakes Reserve.
– CLAN WA for their Parenting Positive with Strength Project |n National Seniors Australia Ltd. for their Ageing Conference.
– Advocare Inc. for their Elder Abuse Awareness Campaign.