BAIL conditions of an alleged sex offender have changed to allow him contact with his three children.
Peter Flavel was principal of Woodlupine Primary School when he was charged last month with sexually abusing a child 10 years ago.
The charges relate to incidents that allegedly took place at another primary school where Mr Flavel was principal at the time.
The 56-year-old was originally released on bail under the condition that he have no contact with anyone under the age of 16.
Appearing in Midland Magistrates Court today, Mr Flavel’s bail conditions were changed to allow him contact with his young children.
Magistrate Kevin Tavener said the change would no longer prevent Mr Flavel from seeing his own children because it was believed he posed no risk to them.
In the coming months, Mr Flavel will face allegations that he sexually assaulted an eight-year-old boy in 2008.
Child abuse squad detectives charged the father in February with sexual penetration of a child under 13 and indecent dealings with a child under 13.
Police prosecutor Sergeant Steve Mayne said Mr Flavel was expected to appear in Perth Magistrates Court on June 21 when he will enter a plea.