A BUSHFIRE warning has been issued for an area north-west of Boddington.
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services issued the advice for people in the vicinity of Hume Tank Road in the Shire of Boddington at 1.34pm.
There is no threat to lives or homes, however there is a lot of smoke in the area.
Although there is no immediate danger, locals need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
WHAT TO DO
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- If you cannot see clearly, pull over, keep your headlights and hazard lights on, and wait until the smoke clears.
- If you have a respiratory condition and you have been affected by smoke you should contact your local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
- Roads have not been closed.
- Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
- Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au.
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au for the latest updates.