A NEARBY fire prompted staff of a Carlisle electrical company to help Town of Victoria Park homeowners stay safe through free electrical checks.
Thornbury Electrics aims to assist homeowners on electrical safety following news of bathroom fan fire at an East Victoria Park home earlier this month.Free electrical safety checks will be offered in Town of Victoria Park suburbs, including Victoria Park, East Victoria Park, Lathlain, Carlisle, Burswood, St James and Bentley.
Managing director Paul Thornbury said at this stage he was not sure how long the company would offer the checks.
“We think it is important to give back to the community where we can especially when it comes to the safety of people’s homes and family,” he said.
“Make it a priority to ensure your home is fitted with safety devices like smoke alarms and RCDs.”
Manager Margaret Thornbury said the bathroom fan fire was a wake-up call, and added that damage can be caused by non-maintenance.
“We live about three streets away from the incident so as residents of the area, it’s a shocking reminder to make sure that we maintain the items in our homes that will save our lives,” she said.
Call 9367 8840 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book.