East Vic Park: bathroom fan fire damages home

Stock image.
Stock image.

A FIRE which started in a bathroom fan caused an estimated $20,000 damage to an East Victoria Park home this morning.

A Department of Fire and Emergency Services spokesperson said they received a call at 2.46am from a home at the intersection of Hertford Street and Etwell Street.

“It was a triple 000 call regarding a bathroom extractor fan on fire,” she said.

“The cause is an electrical fault in the fan.

“We’re looking at an estimate, in terms of damage, of $20,000.”

The DFES spokesperson said there were two crews from Kensington Fire Rescue Service and a crew from Perth Fire Rescue Service.

“The fire was under control at 3.07am,” she said.