TOWN of Victoria Park is looking to pass the baton to “local legends”.
When the Queen’s Baton travels through Victoria Park on February 24, 2018 on its way to opening ceremony of the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games, baton bearers will be required.
Mayor Trevor Vaughan said he was excited the Town would be involved with the Queen’s Baton Relay.
“This is an amazing event to be a part of and will showcase the Town of Victoria Park to the international community,” he said.
“We have so many aspiring and accomplished people living in the Town so I really encourage you to nominate someone who you think would make a deserving baton bearer.
“I’ll be following the Queen’s Baton around the world from the start on Commonwealth Day.”
The baton will also pass through South Perth on the same day, with the City of South Perth looking for more “local legends” to take it through the region.
People can nominate anyone inspires them to be great on www.gc2018.com/qbr until May 15.
The organisers of the Queen’s Baton Relay are looking for people who:
– Have achieved something extraordinary or inspired others to achieve something extraordinary; or
– Have made a significant contribution to either sport, education, the arts, culture, charity or within their community; or
– Have excelled, or aspire to excel athletically or personally; or
– Contribute to a fun, friendly, vibrant and inclusive community;
– Are at least 10 years old as at 25 December 2017; and
– Are Australian citizens or lawfully entitled to reside in Australia during the Relay period (25 December 2017 – 4 April 2018).