MAIN Roads WA will be upgrading the Orrong Road and Archer Street, and the Orrong Road and Alexander Road intersections.
Construction is expected to start next month and take about six weeks to complete.
The relocation of services is already underway.
The majority of the work will be undertaken at night due to the high traffic numbers in this location.
This project is funded by the Australian Government’s Black Spot program.
The upgrade includes:
– Widening Orrong Road southbound from three to four lanes to provide a double right turn into Archer Street westbound.
– Removing the right turn signal filter at the Archer Street intersection.
– Relocating the pedestrian crossing at Archer Street to allow for a staggered, safer crossing of Orrong Road.
– Installation of a 5.5 m mast arm for Orrong Road southbound at Archer Street, to improve visibility of traffic signals for heavy vehicles
– Extending the right turn pocket from Orrong Road northbound into Alexander Road eastbound.
– Relocating the PTA bus shelter on Archer Street.
– Upgrading pedestrian crossing facilities to include a pedestrian phase.
– Upgrading street lighting to current standards.
All enquiries should be directed to Main Roads WA on 13 81 38.