CITY of Stirling has launched a street cleaning program with a focus on keeping tourism precincts and shopping centres up to scratch.
Stirling engineering operations manager Ron Spragg said the street cleaning team would focus on repairing faults, safety hazards, removing weeds and graffiti and cleaning up rubbish.
“We’re maintaining the City’s major shopping and tourist precincts to a high standard,” he said.
“We will maintain the condition, safety and appearance of the City’s assets within these precincts including footpaths, kerbs, paved areas, drainage pipes and pits, road surfaces and islands, streetlights, street furniture, seats, bollards, bin surrounds, bus shelters and public signs.”
Shopping centres including:
– Dianella shopping precinct
– Dog swamp shopping precinct
– Ellen Stirling Blvd / Scarborough Beach Road shopping precinct
– Flora Terrace Shopping Precinct, North Beach
– Karrinyup Shopping Precinct
– Main Street Shopping Precinct
– Mirrabooka Regional Centre
– Northlands Shopping Precinct, Balcatta
– Nollamara Shopping Precinct
– Stirling Central Shopping Precinct
The tourism precincts Clean Streets is focussing on:
– Scarborough: The Esplanade between Pearl Parade and Brighton Rd, West Coast Hwy between Pearl Parade and Brighton Road, Scarborough Beach Road between Edgehill Street and The Esplanade
– Beaufort Street, Mt Lawley: Walcott St to Nelson St
– West Coast Drive and West Coast Highway from Kay St to West Coast Drive and West Coast Hwy to Beach Road