DINNER in the Sky has been suspended by the City of South Perth until further notice.
A spokeswoman for the City said operators failed to provide documentation to hire the site within Sir James Mitchell Park, despite it already operating this week.
“The City of South Perth can advise that Dinner in the Sky has suspended operation and will not proceed until outstanding documentation to hire the site within Sir James Mitchell Park has been provided to the City,” the spokeswoman said.
The high-flying concept, which is set to leave Perth in a few weeks for Broome and Margaret River gave foodies a taste of fine dining suspended from a crane 50m in the air with 360 degree views.
The 22-seater sky restaurant was supposed to host several “flights” each day including brunch, lunch, cocktails and dinner.
A statement released by the organisation said Dinner in the Sky WA director Matthew Anderson had been working with the City of South Perth to find the “missing” paperwork.
The statement said organisers were confident the event would be up and running on its first public day, Wednesday March 15.
As of Friday afternoon, the website was still open to bookings.