STUDENTS described seeing a fire that ignited in a roof at Osborne Park Primary School today.
Student Denver Scott said his classroom filled with smoke this afternoon as a fire ignited in the air conditioning unit.
“Then we heard fire alarms, then everyone came out on the grass and I started to cry,” he said.
He said he was upset because he was afraid his schoolwork would perish in the fire.
His mum Jodie Scott said she felt “panic” when she heard news of the fire while driving in her car.
“I was close, I had just driven out to go to lunch and I heard on the radio there was a fire at one of the schools in Osborne Park, so when I came near I could see the kids on the oval,” she said.
“(I felt) panic, I got here and called my husband immediately.
“I heard on the radio the kids were fine so I wasn’t worried about their safety, but it still shock me I had a few tears.”
The fire was brought under control by fire fighters and students appeared to be going back to their classrooms about 12.30pm.