YOU can now live in a home designed by The Block judge Darren Palmer.
The renowned interior designer has collaborated with GJ Gardner Homes, which has an Osborne Park office, on six exclusive interiors and facades to be launched this weekend.
Mr Palmer said the Tailored – Inspired Home Collections would make the design process easier for people because each design element and fitting had already been carefully considered to form a beautiful, cohesive home.
“My design ethos is to make good design accessible for everybody and in the six designs I’ve worked on with GJ Gardner’s architects, I’ve used my knowledge and interpretation of design principles the same way I would designing a multi-million dollar home,” he said.
“I’m excited to have designed a range of interiors that are not only beautiful, but also achievable and accessible for people no matter their budget or where they live in Australia.”
Mr Palmer chose all aspects of the designs including colour palettes, tiles, flooring, kitchen and bathroom hardware, and cupboard finishes to reflect his styles of Beach, Hotel Luxe, Contemporary Australian, Hamptons, Japandi and Urban Modern.
These can be applied to any GJ Gardner Homes design.
He said the biggest hurdle for many people when designing their home was that they were afraid of making a mistake during the design process.
“The Tailored – Inspired Home Collections takes out that fear factor because I’ve done the work for them, so every design element in the house from flooring to wall colour and kitchen and bathroom design complements each other and works together as a whole.”
Mr Palmer has also styled each home with furnishings.
The designs will be revealed this Saturday, October 6, at GJ Gardner Homes office at unit 2, 195 Main Street, Osborne Park.
Locals will be the first in Australia to see the designs through 3D tours.
Mr Palmer will also go live on the GJ Perth West Facebook page at 9.30am (AEST) on the day to take people through the inspiration behind his designs.
Book at www.gjgardner.com.au/tailored to attend the reveal session.
Darren Palmer’s top tips for choosing a house design style
1. When you are looking at different house designs, think about which one makes your heart race. You should feel an emotional response to the design as it will need to reflect your personality.
2. Is the style of home appropriate for where you live? If you live in a coastal location the Hamptons design may be best suited to you or if you live in the inner city, you might think about going for the Urban Modern design.
3. Think about whether your design style leans more towards modern or classic. The six house designs I created for GJ Gardner Homes are skewed 50/50 between modern and classic designs, giving you multiple options.
4. Do you like a simplified design or do you prefer contrasts? The Hotel Luxe design in this collection is simplified and luxurious, while the Japandi design provides more contrasts for those who like their interior to be bolder.
5. Do you like pops of colour or a more neutral feel? It’s important to find the right colour palette for you as this will influence every aspect of the house design, including your furnishings and décor.