She said the State Budget must contain funding for the following projects:
– The Perth Darwin Highway (Swan Valley Bypass).
‘The Rudd Labor Government has provided $418 million for this project and now it is up to the Barnett Government to provide a matching amount so the full project can get underway.’
– $12.5 million for a police station in Ballajura, promised to be opened in 2015-16;
– Funding for the Gnangara Road duplication and funding for traffic lights for the intersection of Lord Street and Reid Highway;
– $7 million to fund two swimming pools in Ellenbrook; and
– Ellenbrook bus rapid transit-way funding.
‘We have already seen a lot of broken promises by Mr Barnett, like the increases in electricity prices well above what they promised,’ Ms Saffioti said. ‘Let’s hope the Barnett Government doesn’t continue on its appalling track record of breaking promises to the West Swan electorate.’