West Perth, whose move to Joondalup in 1994 came 20 years after the Times started, organised its players to form a number 40 in front of the Whinnen Dempsey Stand.
Our thanks to president Brett Raponi and chief executive David Crute for organising it, along with the players for moving into position so well before training last week.
Since the Times started in 1974, the club affectionately known as the Garlic Munchers has won five of its 19 premierships.
Fast 40 facts
– Aidan Lynch wears the No. 40 guernsey at the Falcons.
– Retiring sharp shooter Anthony Tsalikis has won the club’s goal kicking award each time he’s booted more than 40 goals in a season – 2005 (49), 2006 (58) and 2010 (42).
– Prolific ball-getter Shane Nelson has reached the esteemed 40-possession mark twice in his short career – round 24, 2013 (42) and round 19, 2014 (44).
– West Perth scored 40 points in their 32-point grand final loss to Subiaco in 1973.
– West Perth finished 5th in 1940 after 1 win in 1939.