Accidental fire at Neerabup factory yard causes $200,000 damage

Piles of plastic melted to the ground. d468879
Piles of plastic melted to the ground. d468879

PLASTIC piping caught fire in a Neerabup factory yard this week, causing about $200,000 damage.

Fire crews were called to the Mather Drive blaze about 1.30pm on Wednesday.

Piles of plastic melted to the ground left a scene reminiscent of a science fiction film.

The fire was believed to have been accidentally started.

It took fire crews more than half an hour to contain the blaze.

No one was injured.