Electrical fault responsible for Wanneroo Rd car fire


Picture: Martin Kennealey
Picture: Martin Kennealey

AN electrical fault caused a car fire on Wanneroo Road in Neerabup yesterday morning.

Emergency services received a call about 1.30am on July 14, which a Butler Fire and Rescue crew attended, extinguishing the fire by 1.52am.

City of Wanneroo’s community safety and emergency manager Alan McColl said rangers investigated and stickered the car last Thursday.

“They then contacted the owner of the vehicle who explained that as he was driving south along Wanneroo Road he was alerted to the smell of burning then visible signs of smoke coming through the car from the rear or boot area,” he said.

“The driver then pulled over to the side of the road and got out just as the car burst into flames.”

The Times understands no one was hurt and the car has since been removed.