Bulk Carrier will be floating on water ” in the campus lake ” as creator ECU visual artist Norton Flavel intended for the piece.
There also will be interactive displays, entertainment, reptile display and access to ECU’s motorsport workshops, exercise labs and collaborative learning spaces.
Visitors will get a chance to meet staff and students, talk to lecturers and get an insight into the university’s 320 courses.
Activities will include:
– Virtual Amazing Race, an interactive tourism experience.
– Intoxication simulator, showing how substances impair balance, vision, reaction time and judgement.
– The Pregnancy Journey: find out how would you handle pregnancy and birth with our empathy belly and birthing simulator;
– Testing reflexes against ECU’s latest sports science equipment.
– Robotics and Automation Lab: interact with a rangte of robots; and
– DNA testing see what melanoma looks like.
The open day is from 10am to 3pm.