Trio face many charges

The men, a 24-year-old from Kenwick, a 23-year-old from Doubleview and an 18-year-old from Greenwood, were released on bail after appearing in Joondalup Magistrates Court recently.

Clarkson Detectives Senior Sergeant Gary Saunders said police charged the men on September 29 following a series of incidents that occurred in three hours that day between Ashfield and Butler.

Sgt Saunders said each of the men was facing charges of aggravated robbery, five counts of stealing and one of unlawful damage.

The detective alleged the first incident occurred at an IGA supermarket in Ashfield, where three men entered the store about 3pm and stole property before fleeing the store and leaving in a car.

‘They have then driven to Liquor Barons in Churchlands (about 3.40pm), where they have all entered the store, stolen an amount of alcohol, run from the store and left the scene in a car,’ he alleged.

Sgt Saunders said the trio then stole from Herdsman Lake Tavern in Wembley about 3.45pm, before going to a Thirsty Camel store in North Beach shopping centre about 4.05pm.

‘They have attended the store, stolen a quantity of alcohol, left the store and left the area in a car,’ he said.

‘Then they went to Currambine Dan Murphy’s ” they have entered the liquor store and stolen a large quantity of alcohol between the three of them.

‘As they were leaving the store, they were approached by a staff member who told them they needed to pay for what they were taking.’

Sgt Saunders alleged the three men became aggressive and threw numerous punches at the employee, striking him in the head, before they left with the stolen property. He said at 4.45pm the men went to the Cornerstone liquor store in Butler, where they stole alcohol.

‘At 5.40pm, the offenders were driving their vehicle on Connolly Drive in Kinross where they have driven past another vehicle, thrown a bottle from their vehicle, striking the front left window of the other car and smashing the window,’ he said.

Sgt Saunders said the Kenwick man (24) was next due in court on November 4, while the Doubleview man (23) is due to reappear on October 28 and the Greenwood teenager (18) is schedule to reappear tomorrow, October 23.