POLICE have accused a man of being in possession of a loaded gun when his car became bogged in Wangara after he allegedly led them on a chase from Bayswater on Saturday night.
Officers attempted to stop the Holden Commodore sedan just after 10pm while it was travelling on Bassendean Road.
The driver (41) allegedly failed to stop and accelerated away at speed.
Police activated their light and sirens and trailed the car through multiple suburbs.
The car became bogged on a sand path.
Officers allege the man was in possession of a loaded pen gun and 13g of methamphetamine.
Police charged the Ellenbrook man with:
- two counts of driving without a licence
- two counts of drug possession with intent to sell or supply
- two counts of possessing drug paraphernalia
- two counts of possessing stolen property
- two counts of possessing unlicensed ammunition
- one count of aggravated possession of a gun
- one of count of having ready access to weapons and drugs