A BUSHFIRE advice has been issued for people in an area south of Mundijong Road and east of Telephone Lane in Baldivis.
There is no threat to lives or homes, but there is a lot of smoke in the area.
Although there is no immediate danger, residents need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
The fire started near the intersection of Telephone Lane and Mundijong Road, Baldivis.
The bushfire is out of control and unpredictable.
Telephone Lane has been closed and residents have been asked to avoid the area and be aware of fire and emergency services personnel working on site.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
The fire is burning towards Telephone Lane.
Firefighters are on the scene and actively fighting the fire.
What to do:
– Stay alert and monitor the surroundings
– Watch for signs of a bushfire, especially smoke and flames
– Close all doors and windows, and turn off evaporative airconditioners but keep water running through the system if possible
– Read through the bushfire survival plan
– Residents who do not have a plan should decide what they will do if the situation gets worse
– Be extremely careful when driving through the area
– Turn headlights on and drive slowly
– Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions
– If you cannot see clearly, pull over, keep your headlights and hazard lights on, and wait until the smoke clears
If you have a respiratory condition and you have been affected by smoke you should contact your local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138, visit www.mainroads.wa.gov.au or call the City of Rockingham.
Visit emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter @dfes_wa, or listen to news bulletins.