Quick response to Hungry Jack’s fire

BALDIVIS Fire Station was quick to respond to calls of a fire at Hungry Jack�s Baldivis on Safety Bay Road last night.

A call was made to 000 yesterday evening reporting the fast food store�s sign was on fire.

�A sense of urgency overwhelmed the crews as the potential severity dawned on them,� the station reported on Facebook.

�Mounting the appliances, they set off, sirens howling, lights flashing; the responding crews barrelled into the HJ�s car park much to the confusion of the employees inside.�

Turns out the smoke was from the trademark flame grill, with one alert passerby thinking the store was on fire.

�After thorough investigation, the officer-in-charge took samples of a junior whopper value meal, minus pickles but add cheese… to ensure there was no implications for business continuity,� the page reported.