A GRAND lady of Parmelia begins her golden years as celebrations are held for her 60th anniversary tomorrow.
St Vincent’s School was founded in 1956 by The Order of Sisters of St Joseph of the Apparition, which began serving the families of Medina in 1956.
After many years in Medina, the school moved to its current site in Parmelia where it was officially opened in 2004.
The celebrations on Saturday will begin with Mass at the school church followed by Open Day activities with snacks, Devonshire teas and a sausage sizzle available for a gold coin donation.
About 250 people are expected at the Open Day and members of the public are welcome. The celebrations wind up at about 2pm.