DECJUBA Kids opened its first WA store on Rokeby Road, Subiaco last Thursday. Western Suburbs Weekly chatted with owner and former Perth resident Tania Austin about why Subiaco appealed to her and her brand.
1. Why did you choose Subiaco for the first DECJUBA Kids store in WA?
We love our Subiaco customers, the street and area has so much to offer and we know it will continue to grow. When thinking about opening DECJUBA Kids in Perth it had to be in Subiaco.
2. DECJUBA women is expanding to a bigger site. Why was that such a success in Subiaco?
DECJUBA is all about effortless yet edgy fashion and I think that resonates in the area.
3. How have you overcome the challenges in retail?
We always stay focused on what we do best – delivering amazing product at an accessible price point and making sure our product is versatile and effortless… we want to make it easy for the customer. We keep it real.
4. How do you engage with local shoppers?
We have an amazing team on the ground who build awesome relationships with our Perth customers. Making sure that every customer who walks through the door has an amazing experience is key to keeping local shoppers engaged.
5. What is your favourite coffee shop in Subiaco?
I actually don’t drink coffee, but for a wine I love the Subi Hotel.