Chief executive Ian Hill put the project on hold last week to review its budget and question why $100,000 (spent on demolishing two Denis Street buildings last year) was not included in the $574,609 first stage civil works tender.
Mayor Heather Henderson and councillors Mark Burns, Murray Rowe, Paul Clements and Judith Gedero signed the revocation motion last week.
Assuming the revocation motion is approved at the April 21 council meeting, Cr Lee Hemsley said his �obvious next step� was to put up an elected member�s motion to pave the 1300sqm of free land.
�It makes sense to thoroughly scrutinise this and get it right,� Cr Hemsley said.
Cr Burns said the revocation motion needed to move forward to �ensure this boondoggle is finally dead and buried�.
�Council should support the sensible option of simply paving the land, which would see an addition 30 bays added to the site at a very minimal cost,� he said.
�It could be paved in a number of days, and avoid shutting down the carpark for months of construction.�
At the meeting last week, Cr Garry Trinder said he wanted �something better than a piece of bitumen�.
�I want something Subiaco can be proud of,� Cr Trinder said.
�Given the glacial speed that we move at, this will last another five years or more (if the tender is not approved).�
Cr Rowe said the redevelopment would have cost �a fortune� to achieve just seven additional parking bays.
�If we�re going to spend money, it should be reappropriated and invested in the main streets and CBD,� he said.