PROPERTY Developer Blackburne hopes to start construction on its $235 million revitalised version of the Subiaco Pavilion Markets in late 2019.
Blackburne purchased the 5451sq m site earlier this year for $25 million, after a decade of inaction at the space.
Blackburne has submitted a development proposal to the City of Subiaco that includes a seven-storey Rokeby building with commercial space and 34 apartments, a six-storey Roberts building with 86 apartments and 130 apartments over 24 storeys in the Seddon building.
There would be 115 public car bays, including two accessible bays, as well as 404 resident bays.
The development is set to include ground level markets with 2600sq m of retail and food space within buildings, as well as 1100sq m of public space, a new town square on Seddon Street, and a pocket park and entertainment area near the centre.
There are also plans for 90 pop up stalls on Seddon Street.
Blackburne managing director Paul Blackburne said all three buildings had unique characters and had been carefully designed to visually complement and add to the heritage of Subiaco.
“We believe this development will deliver the best possible increase in density for Subiaco because it is located on the right sight, next to the railway station, and not in heritage residential streets,” he said.
Mr Blackburne said registration of interests for sales would start in January.
The City of Subiaco has released the proposal for public comment until December 14.
City of Subiaco chief executive Rochelle Lavery said the council was expected to consider the proposal in detail at a meeting in early February 2019.
“The Metro West Joint Development Assessment Panel will then make its determination on the application.”
Over the next two months, Blackburne will set up $500,000 display area on Rokeby Road and start previewing the development to people in January and February.