City of Subiaco rejects Daglish home extension plan again

City of Subiaco rejects Daglish home extension plan again

CITY of Subiaco councillors have voted against a proposed plan to build a second storey on a residence in Daglish.

The application for 11 Richardson Terrace was refused by council in December last year but brought back after the State Administrative Tribunal invited the council to revisit the plans.

Councillors debated the item at Tuesday night’s meeting , where City officers recommended it be refused on the basis it did not meet the local planning policy.

Councillor Scott Arbuckle moved the motion, which was seconded by Cr Paul Clements.

Cr Arbuckle said the applicants had made some changes since coming to council in December but agreed with the officer’s recommendation that they were not enough.

“The changes don’t go far enough to address the issues,” he said

“I want you to look at this carefully and see if it will have an impact on the streetscape.”

Cr Clements said the application had not been sufficiently amended and he did not believe council should approve it.

Cr Stephanie Stroud said she was concerned it would affect the streetscape.

“I attended the last onsite visit and my concerns are that it’s very much a single-level street,” she said.

“If they put a second storey on then it may create an overshadowing issue.”

Councillors rejected the application 8-5.