CAMBRIDGE Council decisions from the August 27 meeting:
- WRITE to the State Government seeking funding support to accelerate tree planting programs.
- APPROVE a request for tender for construction of pedestrian works at City Beach on Challenger Parade and Fred Burton Way.
- CONDUCT annual training sessions to pre-qualify Town residents to be able to perform tasks associated with ushering at Quarry Amphitheatre in an effort to encourage local applicants.
- TRIAL a community event partnership program to provide opportunities for non-profit groups to apply for funding to co-partner community events.
- WORK with Landgate and indigenous stakeholder groups to identify any significant Aboriginal name places within the Town as requested by State Government.
- REPLACE the bowling green at Lake Monger Recreation Centre at a cost of $135,000.
- EXEMPT Access Housing Australia from paying rates on two properties in Wembley, which it uses to provide subsidised accommodation.
- DONATE $4597.44 held in trust from money raised by Cambridge Youth Network, which the Town closed in May, to Perth Inner City Youth Service.
More council news