CLAREMONT Council decided at its February 19 meeting to:
• Approve companies Turfworks and Turfmaster as being the providers of turf services and maintenance of grass for the town, both with initial two-year contracts, followed by options on one-year extensions to the agreements.
• Hire a landscape architect to review the design of Hatchett Park, between Derby Street and Devon Road, after residents’ requested improvements, before considering a draft concept which will be discussed with the community at a later date.
• Approve partial demolition, rear modifications and a new two-storey home at 34 Agett Road, Claremont.
• Approve $5000 from the Mike Balfe Heritage Maintenance Grant for veranda post and window smash repairs at the heritage-listed home at 24 Mary Street, Claremont.
• Appoint Cr Alastair Tulloch to the Audit and Risk Management Committee, after the resignation of Cr Peter Edwards.