SIXTY patients had to be moved in King Edward Memorial Hospital (KEMH) this morning after chlorine was accidentally spilled into the airconditioning system during routine cleaning and maintenance.
Patients, including adults and babies, were relocated from four wards into other areas of the hospital and the airconditioning system was shut down to be cleaned.
Fire and Emergency Services Authority declared the site safe at 1pm, and handed it back to KEMH to manage the re-accommodation of patients.
The patients were expected to return to the wards within the hour.
Some outpatient clinics were cancelled to accommodate relocated patients, and the labour and birth suite were unaffected.