Masterplan in works for Parmelia Hilton

David Constantine (GM Hilton) Picture: Andrew Ritchie www.communitypix.com.au   d489330
David Constantine (GM Hilton) Picture: Andrew Ritchie www.communitypix.com.au d489330

PARMELIA Hilton general manager David Constantine is working on a masterplan for the 50-year-old hotel that will signal a new phase for the five-star accommodation.

Following the hotel’s 50th anniversary this month, the new Cluster General Manager for Parmelia Hilton and DoubleTree by Hilton Northbridge and Perth said that as the Hilton brand expanded across Australia, existing hotels like Parmelia Hilton would not be left behind.

The Parmelia Hotel was built by Lord Alistair McAlpine and Sir Halford Reddish opening on December 15, 1968.

Hilton then took over renaming the first five star hotel in Perth the Parmelia Hilton.

Mr Constantine said he was lucky to see Lord McAlpine when he visited Perth before he passed away in 2014.

“In the early 80s he frequented the hotel a lot,” he said.

Mr Constantine, who started with Hilton International 42 years ago and has been at Parmelia Hilton for 35 years, said the focus of the past few years had been building a “family” among staff within the organisation.

He said several experienced team members from Parmelia Hilton had moved over to DoubleTree by Hilton Northbridge opening in January.

DoubleTree by Hilton will be a relaxed, edgy offering while Parmelia Hilton will keep focusing on corporate travellers and people attending conventions.