Residents from Perth to Mandurah are at risk of catching measles asked to be alert to the risk of measles after a person with the illness travelled on public transport and visited multiple venues in the metropolitan area earlier this week.
Children and adults who have been inadvertently exposed are at risk of developing measles if they are not already immune.
Individuals should remain vigilant for the onset of measles symptoms for the next three weeks if they are not immune to measles and were present at any of the following:
- Sunday, January 27, at Woolworths on Secret Harbour Blvd between 8am and 4pm
- Tuesday, January 29, at the Reid Library of the University of Western Australia between 8am – 5:45pm
- Wednesday, January 30, at the Robertson Library of Curtin University between 11:15am – 2:15pm
On Transperth buses (950, 100 and 101) and Mandurah train:
- Tuesday, January 29, train from Aubin Grove to Perth between 07:15 – 8:10am, and train from Perth to Mandurah between 5:45 – 6:40pm
- Tuesday, January 29, bus 950 from Elizabeth Quay to QEII Medical Centre between 7:40 – 8:40am, and from UWA to Morley between 5:20pm – 6:30pm
- Wednesday, January 30, on train from Aubin Grove to Perth between 10:25 – 11:15am, and from Canning Bridge to Mandurah between 2:20-3:15pm
- Wednesday, January 30 on bus 100 between Canning Bridge and Cannington between 10:50-11:40am, and bus 101 from Curtin University to Canning Bridge between 2-2:50pm.