DEMOLITION companies are queuing up to bowl over the unfinished mansion owned by Pankaj and Radhika Oswal in Peppermint Grove.
“We have sent out seven packages detailing the tender,” Peppermint Grove chief executive John Merrick said this morning.
The State Administrative Tribunal has ordered the couple demolish the mansion by September 30, after becoming an eyesore since the couple left Perth following the financial collapse of their Pilbara fertiliser plant in 2010
Last month, the Federal Court found Mrs Oswal had defrauded creditors when she transferred the mansion’s mortgage to a Dubai holding company.
A High Court hearing into the fertiliser plant’s collapse is continuing in Melbourne, and council claims the Oswals still owe more than $100,000 in rates and there was no plan for the mansion’s future.
Mr Merrick said demolition experts had to complete their tenders by 4pm tomorrow.
“The results of these Expressions of Interest will to go to council for determination, possibly at the meeting on August 23,” Mr Merrick said.
The council’s threats to demolish the mansion increased after a party was reported at the dangerous building last Friday.
Mr Merrick said police now always patrolled the area in reaction to calls from neighbours.
However, the council’s recent threats had produced no response from the Oswals by this morning.