DRIVERS are encouraged to fill up today to avoid the petrol price hike of more than 20 cents per litre on Tuesday.
FuelWatch advised Perth drivers to fill up as most Caltex sites would be increasing their ULP price to 159.9 cpl (hiking by 30 cpl) tomorrow.
Most Caltex Woolworths and Puma sites are increasing their ULP price to 159.7 cpl, most BP sites to 157.9 cpl, most Coles Express sites to 156.9 cpl, most 7-Eleven sites to 155.9 cpl and many Vibe sites to 153.7 cpl.
The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 35 cpl, which means you can save up to $21 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday is generally the cheapest day of the week to fill up in Perth so, if you need fuel, FuelWatch recommends you get in before the 20 cents per litre (average) price hike tomorrow https://t.co/WQIckK29un pic.twitter.com/2oFhL6Qk2S
— ConsumerProtectionWA (@ConsumerWA) July 15, 2019
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 126.5 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Forrestfield in the East.
- 124.1 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Maddington West in the South.
- 124.1 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Mirrabooka in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 129.7 cpl at Puma Wattle Grove and Vibe Toodyay Rd (Gidgegannup) in the East.
- 124.3 cpl at United Southern River in the South.
- 124.3 cpl at United Bassendean in the North.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Drivers can head to FuelWatch to find the cheapest fuel in their area.
Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices.