POLICE say they have evidence an alleged sexual predator, accused of molesting men he drove home from Perth nightspots, has “quite a few” more victims.
Brendon Quintin Webb is accused of a suspected spree of sexual assaults over the past 18 months.
Police allege he picked up men from Northbridge and Claremont and offered them a lift before carrying out sex attacks.
Mr Webb’s Armadale home and business premises in Nedlands were raided four days later, where evidence was found on electronic devices.
“We’ve actually got some evidence that shows we have other victims,” Insp Ball told reporters on Wednesday. “There are quite a few.”
She said the accused had targeted men aged between 18 and 35 who were in a vulnerable state.
He has been charged with two counts of indecent assault and one count of possessing a controlled or prescription drug.
Inspector Louise Ball told media that there was no evidence the accused was posing as an Uber driver.
“I don’t have evidence to that,” she said. “What I have is someone who stopped and offered a lift.’
“The man, it will be alleged, was driving a 2008 white Toyota Rav 4 during a suspected spree of sexual assaults lasting up to 18 months.
“We have no evidence these people have been drunk.”
Asked if the man had operated in other entertainment precincts, Inspector Ball said there was no evidence of that “at this stage”.
Police are appealing for anybody who may have been a victim to come forward immediately.
She said the accused had targeted men aged between 18 and 35 who were in a vulnerable state. Some may not even know that they had been assaulted.
“If you think that you’re a victim, please come forward, ring Crime Stoppers,” Insp Ball said.
“We’ll treat the information with discretion and confidentially.”
Mr Webb was arrested at work in Nedlands on February 28, and has been remanded in custody to appear in the Perth Magistrates Court on March 29.
Police claim a 19-year-old victim was picked up outside The Avenue at Club Bay View in Claremont around 1am on January 21 and woke up three hours later in Doubleview to find the man indecently assaulting him.
It is also alleged he sexually assaulted an 18-year-old man who was offered a lift in Northbridge on February 24
Anyone who believes they may have been the victim of a similar incident should call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or report online at www.crimestopperswa.com.au.