West Coast Eagles release statement regarding Liam Ryan and Kalbarri incident

Liam Ryan. Picture: Daniel Carson/AFL Media/Getty Images.
Liam Ryan. Picture: Daniel Carson/AFL Media/Getty Images.

THE West Coast Eagles have released a statement about an incident in Kalbarri over the weekend reportedly involving small forward Liam Ryan.

A police spokesman said officers were called to an incident at 4.20am on Sunday, October 13, in Porter Street, Kalbarri.

Police officers spoke to a 20-year-old woman at the scene and then spoke to a 22-year-old man who was given a 72-hour police order.

No complaint was made to police.

An Eagles statement today said Ryan obeyed the move-on notice given by police.

It said the club believed the incident involved a family dispute.

“The club will be working with Liam to establish the details (and) will at all times keep the AFL fully informed of all relevant details,” the statement said.

“The club remains cognisant of Liam’s health and wellbeing and will work closely with him to ensure those considerations are prioritised. Once the club has established the facts around the allegations it will release further information.”

Ryan was fined and banned from driving for 18 months last week over an incident that occurred back in July in which he crashed his car into a tree.

The small forward played a crucial role in the final play of the 2018 AFL Grand Final, helping secure the Eagles’ first premiership since 2006.