FLOREAT’S Tony Tomizzi Builders stole the show at last Saturday’s HIA Truecore Steel Perth Housing Awards, which were announced at Crown Perth and recognised the outstanding building work and successes in the Perth region.
Tony Tomizzi Builders received the highest accolade on the night, winning the 2017 HIA Truecore Steel Perth Home of the Year award on top of the John Pietersen Award for Custom-built Home of the Year for a City Beach project.
“I feel proud, humbled and excited,” Tony Tomizzi Builders managing director Tony Tomizzi said.
“I feel good for my trades to get the recognition for the hard work they put in; some of these guys have been with me for 20 years and we’re a big family.
“It is a very special home and the architect (Paul Hofman), the owners and I worked together very well.
“For a house of that scale, you need everyone to work together and that’s why I think it achieved what it achieved.”
HIA chief judge Max Pirone said this year’s judging process highlighted once again the talent and innovation in Perth’s building and construction industry.
“We are really seeing value for money in homes, ingenious uses of materials and outstanding collaboration between architects, designers and builders, which have resulted in truly outstanding projects.
“Tony Tomizzi Builders have delivered an exceptional home and deserve the accolades.
“The craftsmanship, attention to detail and design has been executed to the highest standard.”
Other winners include Cachet Homes, Summit Homes, Distinctive Homes and Palazzo Homes.
The awards saw a record number of entries this year and handed out 70 trophies on the night.
- 101 Residential for Liveable Home of the Year
- Arklen Developments for Framed Home of the Year
- Aussie Living Homes for Excellence in Service – Large Builder
- Averna Homes for Spec Home of the Year and Residential Building Designer of the Year
- Dasco Building Company for Excellence in Service – Small Builder
- Humphrey Homes for Outdoor Project of the Year
- Inspired Homes for Affordable Housing Project of the Year and Excellence in Service – Medium Builder.
- Kings Rd Construction for Peter Overman Award for Perth Innovation in Housing Project of the Year
- Lime St Projects for Townhouse / Villa of the Year and Townhouse / Villa Development of the Year
- Luxus Homes for Specialised Housing of the Year
- Nulook Homes for Renovation / Addition Project of the Year
- Palazzo Homes for Golden Key Award for Display Home of the Year and Apartment of the Year
- Pindan Homes for Small Lot Home of the Year
- Summit Granny Flats for Transportable / Kit Home of the Year
- Webb & Brown-Neaves for Project Home of the Year